Data Recovery In Matthews, NC
If you live in or near Matthews, NC, and your hard drive crashes, you can turn to Carolina Data Recovery – a trusted company that has been providing top-tier, guaranteed data recovery services for almost 20 years. We offer unparalleled data recovery services throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Virginia. So whether you live in Matthews, NC, or anywhere else in the four-state area, you can count on Carolina Data Recovery for data retrieval and hard drive repair . . . when it matters most.
Carolina Data Recovery has the capabilities to help with those very difficult data recovery challenges. We are, after all, trusted by individuals, small and medium-sized businesses, and Fortune 500 companies.
With our experienced technicians and state-of-the-art facilities, Carolina Data Recovery is able to recover data from all manufacturers’ devices – desktops, laptops, servers, NAS Units, solid state drives (SSDs), and RAID Arrays. Our expertise also extends to optical, digital, and magnetic computer storage media. The simple fact is we have recovered deleted and formatted-over data, as well as data from media that have failed from physical malfunction and have been burnt, dropped, and drowned.
Carolina Data Recovery offers . . .
- Free Diagnostic Evaluations and Quotes. The first phase of our data recovery process is a free analysis of your hard drive – which can be done while you wait.
- 24/7 Availability. Our technicians are available so solve your data recovery problems 7 days a week, with special, emergency after-hours availability on request
- Guaranteed “No Data Recovery, No Fee ” Policy. . If in the event we can’t recover your data, you don’t pay – guaranteed.
- Solving Data Recovery Problems Since 1999. We’ve been in the business of successful data recovery going on 20 years.
- Experienced, Qualified Technicians. Because our engineers have over 60 years’ worth of combined hands-on experience in data retrieval and physical hard drive repair, you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.
- Services for All Makes and All Models. We offer data retrieval services and file system repair for almost any system you can imagine: Windows, Mac, Novell, Linux, Unix, and VMware.
- Facilities for Quality, Fast Service. Our Charlotte, NC, facility boasts an ISO 5 (Class 100) Certified Cleanroom, so we have the capability to recover data from all kinds of storage devices and operating systems, often within a 24-hour period.
- One Overarching Goal. Our primary goal is to provide you with state-of-the art data recovery services, complete with data confidentiality and secure facilities, while simultaneously offering the most reliable, cost-effective hard drive data recovery services in the area.
Carolina Data Recovery’s service is fast, easy, and guaranteed. To get started recovering your valuable data, just give us a call. After the initial analysis, we’ll get back to you with a free, no-obligation quote. So if you’re ready to get your data back or if you have any questions . . .
Carolina Data Recovery
Matthews Data Recovery Expert
To Schedule Service Please Call
or fill out the form
24 Hour Emergency Service Please Call
When shipping any type of media, and especially hard drives, it is extremely important that your media is packaged carefully to avoid any additional damage during shipment. Proper packaging will ensure a greater degree of recovery of your data. Three (3) easy steps will insure a safe delivery of your media to one of our facilities.1. If possible, wrap the media in an anti-static material.
2. Pack the media in a box twice the size of the media, using foam, bubble or any anti-shock / vibration material. This is to ensure that the media does not move around in the package during shipment.
3. Download the Service Request form below, print, complete, and include in the box.
Please ship or bring to:
Carolina Data Recovery
ATTN: Recovery Lab
7512 E. Independence Blvd, Suite# 100
Charlotte, NC 28227
You will be contacted when the media evaluation process is complete.
980-265-2321 Satellite Receiving Location (9-5) M-F
704-536-1717 – Main Data Recovery Lab
(6AM-3:30PM) Monday-Thursday (6AM-Noon) Friday
704-617-0157 After Hours, Weekends or Holidays
Q: What operating and file systems can you recover data from?
A: Our recovery engineers are versed in the following operating/file systems;
Windows – (NTFS and FAT32)
Apple Macintosh – (HFS, HFS+, Xsan)
Linux – (Ext2, Ext3, Ext4, Reiser4 and FS, XFS, JFS, ZFS and BtrFS)
Unix, Novell NetWare, Sun Solaris, QNX, & BSD based systems
MS-DOS – (FAT-12, FAT-16)
OS/2 – (HPFS)
Q: What is your success rate?
A: If we receive the media in an “as failed” state, before any recovery attempts are made, our success rate is over 95%. (Important see “Can I recover my data using software utilities?”)
Q: Will data recovery void my warranty?
A: No. Carolina Data Recovery is authorized by all the major hard drive manufacturers to open sealed hard drive mechanisms without voiding the original warranty.
Q: What is the cost of data recovery?
A: Every case is different. Data recovery costs are driven solely by the difficulty of recovery ( i.e. resources/technical expertise required- total time involved) and level of service. A full diagnostic test(free) of the failed media is required to arrive at an exact cost.
Feel free to call with a description of the failure such as; circumstances leading up to failure, current observations, any recovery attempts made, and turn-around time required, for an estimated cost.
Q: How will my data be returned?
A: Data will be returned via the media of your choice(additional charges may apply). We typically return the data on new USB 3.0 external hard drives which can be utilized for future backup purposes.
Q: Can you provide emergency same-day turnaround?
A: We do provide emergency service. We’ll start within 1 hour of receipt and work 24/7 until it’s completed. Most projects are completed within 4-36 hours depending on the severity of damage.
Q: What happens to my old drive?
A: We will hold onto your old hard drive for 15 days to ensure that there are no problems with your returned data. At the end of 15 days, all data on the hard drive will be electronically erased and your old hard drive will be securely dismantled and recycled.
If your old drive is needed for warranty return, we will return it in an “as received condition” with your recovered data, and store a copy of your recovered data on our secure servers for 5 business days.
Q: Can I recover my data using software utilities?
A: Maybe, but only on a properly functioning hard drive and not recommended unless you can weather losing your data if something goes wrong; and never on any hard drive that has mechanical/electronic and/or read issues. Approximately 80% of all unrecoverable data is directly related to previous failed recovery attempts.
Many drives that would normally be fully recoverable may be reduced to a partial recovery or even no data recovery at all, if not properly processed.
All recovery utilities process read instabilities differently, but most will continue trying to recover the data until the drive stops communicating or crashes. In addition to read attempts the hard drive will also be attempting to run self-tests, remap problem sectors, and update firmware. Which is why no recovery software should be utilized on any hard drive that has mechanical/electronic and/or read issues.
When recovery software sends a read command to the drive one of 2 things happen; 1-data is read and successfully recovered or if read command is not successful, software will send commands to re-try up to 500 or more times until it is read, the machine hangs or the drive crashes (in many cases, making the data completely unrecoverable).
Q: What is an ISO Class 5 work area?
A: A contained space where provisions are made to reduce contamination and control other environmental parameters such as temperature, humidity and pressure. The key component is the High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filter that is used to trap particles that are 0.3 micron and larger in size.
Our work areas are certified ISO 14644-1 Class 5—the same certification standard that original storage device makers adhere to during the manufacturing process.
- USB / Memory Cards
- Laptops / Desktops
- External Hard Drives
- Solid State Drives
- Strict Non-Disclosure
- Chain of Custody Protocol
- High Security Safekeeping
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Controlled Access
- Secure Location